Friday, February 4, 2011

15 Months


Rayna had her 15 month check-up today.  At  15 months, Rayna is 33 inches (95th percentile) and 23 lbs (50th percentile.)  We recently made the decision to take the girls back to Dr. Twerdi.  I liked our new pediatrician, but the last several times we saw her, we were at the doctor's office for THREE hours.  That is way too long to spend with little children in a doctor's office.  So we decided if we were going to dedicate so much time to our doctor's appointment, we might as well spend the time in the comfort of our mini-van and seeing the best pediatrician in the world.

I questioned my decision when we were sitting in traffic in Charlotte today, but ultimately I think it's a good move for us.  It was so great seeing Dr. Twerdi!  She said that we have a healthy, beautiful baby girl!

Mommy Moment
This picture was taken by my wonderful father-in-law on Thanksgiving.  He gives me a hard time about taking so many pictures so he got a hold of my camera and took MY picture.  Brian made some comment about how "we'd never see THAT one on the blog."  Shows how much he knows!
 So I update on the girls all the time, but don't ever get around to updating about Brian or me.  So here's a Mommy update! I know this entry is going to be way TMI for some of you, but I'm going to post it anyway for a couple of reasons.  First of all, many some a couple of people may be interested in my gastrointestinal health.  The second (and major) reason for posting this is that I want to remember it later. I am a very busy mommy and teacher and my blog tends to serve as my memory.  :-)

About eight or so years ago, I was in my apartment at college and fixed myself a snack of broccoli and cauliflower.  Afterward, I had SEVERE stomach pains.  Ever since then, I haven't been able to eat raw broccoli.  Lately, it seems like I'm adding more and more raw vegetables to the "bad" list.  One day last week, I had a chef salad for lunch and by that afternoon I was in terrible pain.  So I finally decided that it was time to pay a visit to the doctor.  Our doctor is great, but he is in Charlotte.  I was looking for a more local doctor, and a lot of people said they loved Dr. Guthman, so I saw him today.  The good news is that Dr. Guthman was really nice and very proactive.  I'm going to have an ultrasound to rule out any issues with my pancreas and gallbladder.  Then I'm going to see a gastroenterologist--so hopefully we'll get to the bottom of all of this pain.  The bad news is that every doctor visit means a co-pay---ugghhhhh!  I am very thankful to have health insurance, but those co-pays add up so fast!

So......that's your update on Mommy!  Stayed tuned for more exciting news in the adventures of my gut!