Monday, January 3, 2011

14 Months!

I have been really slack with the girls' updates, but I'm going to try to get better. Our baby is now 14 months old!

At 14 months, she says: Dada, bye-bye, uh-oh, Sissy, cheese, night-night, and no. But not Mama. I found some comfort in the fact that Dada is easier to say than Mama, but when she added "cheese" and then "Sissy"--I began to get a complex! Just kidding--I'm sure she's just saving the best for last, right?! She also signs: more, all done, milk, and she just added "eat."

Rayna is quite the thinker. Some of the things she figures out really amaze me. If you give her several tupperware containers, she can match the lids to the right container. She is also able to do simple peg puzzles. She has really good fine-motor skills for her age. I'm quite certain she'd be able to scribble if she wouldn't eat the crayons. :-)

Rayna is BUSY. She never stops. Never. Stops. She is always running, climbing, and getting herself into trouble. And she's so fast! Just this week, we've caught her "washing" her hair in the toilet, climbing on the dog, and I cannot even count the number of times I've pulled some foreign object out of her mouth or taken her down off of the table.

But the good news is that she's an absolute sweetheart. She loves to be held and cuddled. She LOVES her sister. She always gets up first so when she hears Molly's baby monitor, she gets SOOOO excited. When I open Molly's door, she runs in and climbs in bed with her. It's the sweetest thing ever. She's also a really good little Mommy to her baby dolls. She rocks them, pushes them around in strollers, and gives them big slobbery kisses. It's a good thing she's just as sweet as she is naughty! :-)