Sunday, February 1, 2009

Molly's Cabbage Patch Kid Doll

And Super Bowl 2009

Daddy has been feeling a little yucky this weekend so we didn't get to go to church today. Molly and I ran some errands so that Daddy could rest and of course one of our stops was Target. Well, Target had Cabbage Patch Kid dolls on clearance for $6.00!! I just couldn't pass that up so even though it's not her birthday or Christmas, I bought Molly her first Cabbage Patch Kid doll today. I LOVED CPK dolls when I was little. Have you noticed that they are bringing back all of the toys that were popular in the 80's? I'm sure it has something to do with parents saying "I LOVED that toy when I was little! My child should have one too!" Well, Molly loves her doll--she kissed it and kept saying "baby" (a new Molly word)--I know this child is spoiled, but she is so stinkin' cute! :-)

I also love that you "adopt" CPK dolls. Molly's doll came complete with an birth certificate and adoption certificate. I have to say, this adoption involved a whole lot less paperwork than Molly's adoption! :-)
Molly's new baby with her ONE peice of adoption paperwork. :-)

We were supposed to take Molly to her first Super Bowl party, but Brian still wasn't feeling well tonight, so he decided to stay home and rest. Since Molly goes to bed at 7:00, I just decided to put her to bed and go to the party by myself.

While I missed my husband and baby girl, I had a great time at James and Anna's. I think the highlight was the special 3-D glasses we all go to wear for the 3-D commercials. Did you guys know about them? It was pretty neat since James and Anna have one of those fancy high definition televisions. :-)
We are so excited about the Steelers winning the Super Bowl! We were all pulling for the Steelers around here because our friends Michael, Nicole, and Cooper are such huge Steelers fans. Here's Cooper celebrating the Steelers making it to the Super Bowl. I just talked to Nicole a little while ago and Cooper is still awake so I bet he's pretty excited about the win! :-)