Sunday, November 2, 2008

November is National Adoption Month


"Long before he laid down earth's foundations, he had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of his love, to be made whole and holy by his love. Long, long ago he decided to adopt us into his family through Jesus Christ. (What pleasure he took in planning this!) He wanted us to enter into the celebration of his lavish gift-giving by the hand of his beloved Son."
--Ephesians 1:4-6 (The Message)

I wrote this last year about National Adoption Month. I decided to modify it slightly as we now have our beautiful daughter home. :-)

As I'm sure many of you know, November is National Adoption Awareness Month. As we enter into November, I am more excited than ever about adoption. I am so grateful that God has included adoption as a part of His plan. I am so grateful that God has adopted us as His sons and daughters and I am grateful that He has allowed us to adopt our precious Molly. It's easy to think that adoption is only for someone infertile, someone older than you, younger than you, more financially stable than you--but if God has put the call to adopt on your heart, I would encourage you to pursue that call. After all, "you don't have to be a perfect person to be a perfect parent." :-)