Thursday, September 4, 2008

Our Last Full Day in Vietnam

It is unreal to think that today was our last full day in Vietnam. While we are very ready to get home, I'm kind of sad to leave. We've settled into a nice little routine here and I'm going to miss our walks around the lake and Highlands Coffee freezes (very similar to Starbucks Frappuchino but CHEAPER!) And I'm really going to miss the people. I LOVE how the people stop to talk to us and to Molly. But it's time for us to leave, and we're excited about seeing our friends and family and sleeping in our own bed.

There were a few things on our to-do list for our last day in Vietnam. I wanted to buy Molly a quilt at Vietnam Quilts and we were able to get her the one I loved in pink to match her room! It's really beautiful. I attempted to get a picture of Molly WITH her quilt--but after several outtakes, we decided the picture of the quilt itself would have to suffice.
We also wanted to get some good video of the streets of Hanoi. We took the "Molly Cam" and captured the crazy Hanoi streets as well as some of our favorite places.

Brian and Molly had their first daddy-daughter date today. Brian took Molly for a walk around the lake while I worked on getting things packed to leave. It was the first time Molly had been away from me and it was a little rough--for me, that is! As you can tell by the pictures, Molly didn't mind. :-)

We have been so blessed with a good trip including good health for all of us. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers--they've been felt on the other side of the world! :-)