Thursday, February 7, 2008

Updates

Sorry it's been so long between posts lately--life has been busy around here! But despite the busyness, God has been working in amazing ways in our lives and in the lives of those around us. I feel like I am constantly learning more about who God is and who He wants me to be. I feel like in every area of my life--even areas that are painful--I feel like God is helping me get to the place where I fully put my hope in Him. It's awesome to see God at work all around us. :-)

School is back in full swing and it's always so amazing to watch the kids progress after Christmas. It's amazing that some of my kids came in at the beginning of the year not speaking English, and now they are slowly beginning to read. Even though it can be frustrating at times, working with our population is SO rewarding.

My Grandmother has been in and out of the hospital a lot in the last little while and is currently at a nursing facility where she is receiving "comfort care." It makes me sad to think about not having my grandmother here anymore, but happy to think that she'll get to meet Jesus soon--and see my Grandpa and Zeke. My aunt has flown in from India to be with my grandma and my mom which has been a HUGE blessing. Three of my cousins spent the weekend with us last weekend which was lot of fun. Even through the hard times in life, it is so nice to be given the blessing of family.

In Molly Grace news, we are still (somewhat) patiently waiting for our referral. Today is the beginning of TET--the Vietnamese New Year and in Vietnam everything shuts down for a couple of weeks so I'm doubting we'll be hearing anything for the next little while--but hopefully soon afterwards! I've been trying to get a little more serious about getting ready for her arrival. I sat down and worked on our adoption finances this weekend (slightly depressing, but God ALWAYS provides) and worked in her room a little. She even got a few new clothes but still needs a lot more--I guess I'll have to go shopping soon--bummer! :-P

I'll close this post with some pictures from our good friends Anna and James' Super Bowl party. Our camera is still in Winston Salem (but we're planning a trip to Winston soon so maybe we won't be cameraless much longer!) so currently, our only pictures are ones that we're able to steal from the blogs of others--thanks, guys! :-)

Happy Tet!