Saturday, September 22, 2007

Jena 6

Brian and I have been talking this week about the Jena 6 case. This morning I watched a documentary that was posted on another blog I read and I am just so shocked and saddened about what's going on in this small town in Louisiana. I think living in my racially diverse town in my racially diverse neighborhood, teaching kindergarteners at my racially diverse school that are too little to have any thoughts on racial prejudice--it's easy for me to forget that the problem still exists. My heart goes out to this town and the people in this town--both the blacks and the whites. My prayer is that God will soften the hearts of the people in this town--it is so obvious that He is working through this very sad situation. This documentary is SO worth watching:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4120415818465787991