Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Moving!

My friend Alicia and I were talking last week about how we tend to like to do all of the major things in life in a short period of time. For example, I graduated college, started a new job, planned a wedding, and bought a new house all in one summer. It feels like this is going to be another one of those years.

Since Zeke passed away, Brian and I have talked about moving on and off. While we love our house and didn't want to lose the memories of Zeke here, the thought of putting another child in his room is hard. While our house is three bedrooms and that's not something we'll have to deal with anytime soon, Zeke's room will have to become the office/guest room when the new baby comes. We've started cleaning out his room--we've done it in stages--but I just don't know that I would ever be able to use it again.

We'll, we'd looked a few houses but had decided that this was not the year to think about moving with the adoption happening right now, so we put it on the back burner. Then last week a house nearby went into foreclosure and it was SUCH a good deal that we put on offer on the house. Today we found out that our offer was accepted! We know that God's had was in this as we were only the top offer by $600! Our realtor said that was the closest he's ever seen.

Our new neighborhood is directly behind our old neighborhood which is nice because as most of you know both my parents and my brother have houses in our current neighborhood. So we will still be in walking distance. (It actually probably takes less time to walk as there is no cut-through so it's a few miles away.)

Our tentative closing date is August 10th so I'm sure we'll be posting more about moving soon! We'll probably have a big moving party! :-)