Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rayna Slept Through the Night!

But don't get too excited for us. Her big sister did not.
I am so excited to report that Rayna slept through the night for the first time last night! She didn't wake up until almost 6AM! I did what I'm sure all mothers do the first time their baby sleeps through the night. I panicked. I woke up and darted to her room to find her sleeping peacefully. :-)

Molly, however, did not sleep peacefully through the night. She woke up in the middle of the night crying. When she calmed down, I asked her why she was sad and she said, "I want my Mommy!" Awwww.......she just wanted her Mommy! I brought her into our room, put her between us, cuddled her under the blankets--and that's where the dream ended.

Molly: Move you pillow, Mommy! It in my way!
Me: Can you ask Mommy nicely?
Molly: May you move your pillow, please? It in my way!
Me: (moving pillow out of the princess' way) Go to sleep, Honey.
Molly: (singing) The wheels on the bus go round and round....round and round....round and round....
Me: Honey, it's time to go sleep.
Molly: You sleepy Mommy?
Me: Yes. Now go to sleep.
Molly: Daddy, you awake or asleep?
Daddy: (no answer)
Molly: (a little louder) Daddy! You awake or asleep?
Daddy: Asleep.
Molly: No, you is awake! YAY! (Jumping up and down)

And so on and so forth until we finally decided that Molly's bed is the best place for Molly! She agreed to return to her bed only if she could take Daddy's pillow with her. :-)