Sunday, May 10, 2009

This Weekend


Molly's First Swim


We took Molly to the gym for her first swim. She had a really good time and really liked the water. We didn't get any cute pictures of her in the pool, but here she is modeling her new swimsuit. :-)
I think she was just as excited about the room full of balls (the basketball court)--she watched the guys playing basketball for a long time yelling "ball! ball!" :-)Concord Mills

Yesterday, we went to Concord Mills with our friends the Donahues. The kids got to play in the play area with the Dads while Annie Beth and and I shopped. Molly always has fun with the Donahues and has recently started saying "Ben." Cute! :-)

Mother's Day
I had a really good Mother's Day! Molly got me a Jack Johnson CD and a new hairdryer (she's such a thoughtful little girl!) We took Nana out for lunch and then tonight we went to her house where my brother Bob cooked steaks on the grill. Yum! This was my first Mother's Day with Molly home so it was very special. We are so thankful to have her home this year--we just love her more and more everyday! :-)

But I couldn't help but think of and pray for all of the people who are hurting this Mother's Day. The first Mother's Day after Zeke passed away was probably one of the hardest times I've faced. I've spent a lot of time today thinking of those who have lost children, lost mothers, are struggling with infertility, waiting in the adoption process, etc. Mother's Day is such a happy day, but can also be such a sad time. The comfort I've found during these hard times is to trust that God is faithful and HE is in control.