Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter

"He isn’t here! He is risen from the dead, just as he said would happen."
--Matthew 28:6

Being a parent makes me think of Easter and Christ's resurrection in a whole new light. Even though I currently have no children in my home, I am the mommy of two precious angels--one in Heaven and one in Vietnam. Being a parent to these two special children makes what Christ did for me so much more beautiful. Because of Christ's death on the cross and his resurrection, I know that I will see Zeke again some day. Without that hope, I don't know how we would make it day to day. I don't know if I would appreciate Christ's resurrection the way that I do had we not lost Zeke. At church this morning, Pastor Dean talked about how we had to make it through the death to get to the resurrection--Christ's death and suffering on the cross made His resurrection so much more beautiful. Having gone through the suffering of Zeke's death makes what Christ did for us (and for Zeke) so much more meaningful to me in my life. I've also thought a lot about Molly and adoption today. Even though we did nothing to deserve it, God loved us as sons and daughters so much that He sent His one and only Son so that we may have eternal life. (Ephesians 1:5, John 3:16) So today, like everyday, I think about Zeke up in Heaven and Molly in Vietnam. I praise God for our past with Zeke and our future with Molly. And I praise God that because He came to Earth as a man, died on the cross, and was resurrected, God has an eternal plan for all of us as a family.