Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mama's Night Owl


It's so fun to see our characteristics popping up in Molly. Molly and I are a lot alike. There's the whole nature vs nurture debate, but I think she's got a lot of her Mama in her simply because God had her planned for our family since the very beginning. We both love going for walks. We like playing with our friends. Anything mint chocolate is our FAVORITE. And we are night owls. Yes, we would both love to stay up late and sleep in late. Rayna is currently sleeping from about 6:30-6:30 (waking up once), but Molly has always slept 8:00-8:00. Until now. The last few weeks, if Molly takes a nap, she is up RIDICULOUSLY late. I mean 9:30-10:00 late. Last night, I went to bed at 11:30 and she was still up. Seriously?! 11:30?! Now it's 8AM and we are supposed to be on our way to Winston-Salem, but Molly does NOT want to get up. She's so much like her Mama! :-)

But all joking aside, I'm going to talk to her pediatrician about it, because it kind of has me worried. I mean, even if she is outgrowing her nap, an hour of sleep during the day shouldn't keep her up an additional 3 hours at night, should it? What do you think--I'd love some advice!

While my goal is to get her back on a normal sleep schedule now, I do have to smile when I think of the two of us in about 15 years--staying up late and eating our mint chocolate-chip ice cream. :-)