Friday, February 20, 2009

Another Friday Funny

It's been amazing how much Molly's vocabulary has been growing lately. It seems like she's picking up a new word or phrase every time I turn around. Some of her words are crystal clear and others you only understand if you speak "Molly"--for example she almost always says "thank you" as "dat do"--baby talk is SO cute!

Among Molly's words are: Momma, Dada, Nana, bye-bye, more, hi, hello, Ruthie, please, thank you, all done, all gone, duck, bunny, eyes, nose, toes, apple, Big Bird, Elmo, night-night, no, yes, up....I'm sure there are more I can't think of off the top of my head.

Anyway, another word she has been saying lately is "amen!" When we get ready to eat or we pray for her before bed, she folds her little hands and then says "amen!" She knows we always say "amen" before we eat, so apparently she has connected the word "amen" to food. Well, Nana told me that today she was up in the bonus room and Barney was on TV. Barney was talking about food and apparently that reminded Molly that she was hungry (to not even be 20lbs yet, this child can eat!) and she started pulling on Nana to feed her. When Nana didn't get the point, she started saying "amen! amen! amen!" I laughed so hard when Nana told me this story! She is so smart and has such a cute little personality. Can you tell we are SO in love with our baby?! :-)


And Happy Birthday, Ashley!

We celebrated my niece Ashley's birthday. We went out to dinner and had a great time! Happy birthday, Ashley!