Friday, August 29, 2008

Great Day!

Today was the best day we've had so far in Vietnam! The biggest reason for this is that Molly's sleep is getting better. She fought a little at nap time and went to bed with no problem. I can't tell you how excited this makes us! It's so hard to see her so sad and not know what to do to comfort her. We're so happy that she did better today!

We also tried a new restruarant for lunch called Al Frescos. It's kind of like a TGIFridays so they have an assortment of food. But we went because I heard they had Mexican! That's right, folks! I managed to find Mexican food in Vietnam! I ordered enchilladas and they were pretty good, but didn't taste much like Mexican. It was pretty much vegetables stuffed in torillas. I guess the torilla was what made it "Mexican." :-)


The other reason we liked Al Frescos is because they have high chairs! Hooray for high chairs! In Vietnam it's coustimary for the waitresses to hold the babies while you eat. Which is fine, except that Molly won't stay with them for long before she wants Mommy. So today Molly had her first experience in the high chair and it was a more pleasurable dining experience for all of us!
After lunch we met up with baby Clara and her mommy Janet. Clara's daddy Patrick was doing some work, so Janet hung out with us for awhile. We went shopping at Trang Tien Plaza which was a really nice, AIR CONDITIONED mall. We had a really good time hanging out and getting out of the heat for awhile.

Can you believe it?! It's 7:30 and I'm still up! But not for long--I'm fading fast. You remember our gifted child? Well, I will leave you with a short little series of pictures displaying one of her gifts--getting her own cheerios! Enjoy!

Look, Mom--I know you hide the cheerios in this yellow box.
If you're just going to sit around and take pictures, I'll just help myself.
You have to open the box like so....and....
Almost there....Ahhh....sweet success!