Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Another Exciting Day

Well, I'm slightly less exausted writing this post than the one I wrote last night. I slept until 4:30 AM which is the best I've done so far. I'm sure I'll finally adjust about the time it's time to go home. Well, this post at least has a title! :-)

Today we met up with some other adoptive families for lunch which was SO nice. It's fun to compare notes on how the babies are adjusting and such. We at a restruarant called Hoa Sua which was a Vietnamese French cooking school. The food was excellent and we had a great time.

This afternoon Brian and I FINALLY found Highland Coffee. Highland Coffee is like Starbucks and we'd heard from other adoptive families that it was really good. Yesterday, we weren't quite sure where we were going, so we decided we'd take a taxi the first time. Well, the driver took us to to Highland Coffee--but it was WAY across town. So Brian got a map this morning and we navigated our way there today. I think the hardest thing for me to get used to (other than the time change of course) has been the streets! I just can't get used to walking out into traffic and just expecting the cars and scooters to go around us.

Molly is still adjusting well. The only problem we've had is that she fights going to sleep. She gets so tired, but she won't go to sleep. She ends up getting herself pretty worked up and has a hard time calming back down. It's so hard not knowing what her sleep routine is or what exactly the problem is. Unless she's really tired and we can trasfer her to her crib (which has only happened once or twice) she sleeps with us. Once she's asleep, she's out for a good little while, but getting there has been hard. I'm sure it's hard for her to be with new people, in a new place, in a new bed. I think it will get easier when we get home and she's into more of a routine.

Her little personality is really starting to come out. She's been laughing all day today which makes us laugh. She's mimicking us a lot which is so cute. I've even been able to get her to make a "kissy" face which is the cutest thing you've ever seen. She babbles a lot and mimicks the sounds that we make. She's such a sweet girl with a sweet little personality. We love her so much--It feels like she's been ours forever. :-)
Kissy Face

Who? Me?

Yummy!

Molly and Momma at Hoan Kiem LakeProof that we made it to Highland Coffee--finally! :-)