Monday, June 16, 2008

Summer Happenings

Well, the first thing on the agenda for summer vacation was car shopping. Now I enjoy shopping--for clothes, shoes, furniture, and even houses. But I realized after the last few days that I do NOT enjoy shopping for cars. But a week and MANY dealerships later, I have a new (to me) car! Very exciting!Brian, Mom, and I went to Winston-Salem for Father's Day. We hadn't seen Brian's family in awhile so we enjoyed spending time with them.
This was my first Father's Day without Dad and it was a little sad. I know he's so much happier in heaven with Zeke than here on Earth, but we still miss him. Happy Father's Day in heaven. And OF COURSE we're getting ready for our trip to Vietnam and Molly's arrival. I've started purchasing gifts for the nannies at the orphanage, been sorting through orphanage donations, and working on some of our travel paperwork. Mostly just busy work while we WAIT on immigration to tell us we can go! It's been 2 1/2 weeks since we got our I600 receipt--hopefully we'll get our I600 approval soon!