Saturday, April 19, 2008

Long Day

I debated about whether or not to even post about my day because I would so much rather blog about happy things, but this is a good way to let everyone know what's going on and ask for prayer.

My dad had a massive heart attack this morning. He started having chest pains, called 911, was taken to CMC-Union, and then flown to CMC in Charlotte. His heart actually stopped three times through all of this. He's currently in the ICU at Carolina Heart Institute at CMC. He will be having some kind of procedure on Monday (either stints or bypass surgery) so he's not out of the woods yet, but he's doing SO much better. When we left tonight he seemed to be getting back to his old self. Please pray for my dad and for my mom who is feeling pretty stressed right now.

My dad is actually on the same floor that Zeke was on every time he was at CMC. The children's hospital has actually moved so the rooms are empty, but it was so hard to walk through there--it brings back a lot of memories. My dad was talking about Zeke a lot tonight. It's hard to be there and not think about Zeke--we all still miss him so much.

Thanks again for your prayers for Dad! :-)