Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Almost February Already?

"Fear not, for I am with thee: I will bring thy seed from the east, and gather thee from the west."
--Isiah 43:5

I can't believe we are almost to the end of January--this month has really flown! Although it has been unusually cold for NC for the last little while, we haven't had much to speak of in the way of fun winter weather. We did have one two hour delay which is always nice! Today was beautiful--I'm kind of hoping the groundhog sees his shadow (is that the way it goes? I better brush up on that before I attempt to teach it to my kindergartners--I always forget!) and we get warm weather sooner rather than later! :-)

I'm also excited about warm weather coming because that will mean we will be drawing closer to the time of picking up Molly! While things for Vietnam have really slowed down as processes have been changing, we are hopeful that we get our referral soon and get to travel soon after that! I'd like to ask for prayer for our adoption--it is so hard with all of the ups and downs of international adoption to let go and give it all over to God but that's really my heart's desire. As God's been working on my heart concerning our adoption, Isiah 43:5 has taken on a whole new meaning. I've really never paid that much attention to the first part of that verse--"Fear not, for I am with thee"-- until recently. To be quite honest, I sometimes just leave that part out when quoting, but I'm really beginning to see how important that part is--"Fear not, for I am with thee." Before deciding to adopt internationally, I knew it was risky, but when you are actually in it, things can get scary. I am so grateful that our God is a God who wants to remove our fear. It is my prayer that I will be able to relax and give every part of my life--including and especially our adoption and our daughter--to God.