Thursday, November 8, 2007

Prayers for Vietnam Adoptions

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
--Philippians 4:6-7
A lot is going on right now in regards to adoption in Vietnam. Many provinces have been under investigation in Vietnam for baby-trafficing. As a result, some of the families from our agency have been "stuck" in Vietnam not sure whether or not they would be able to take their children home. Thankfully, all of our families have been cleared but things are still a little shaky. There have been questions about whether or not the Vietnam program will close again. Of course for the sake of the orphans our prayer is that adoptions in Vietnam will continue for as long as the need exists. I do have fears that the program will close without warning before we get home and I want to be wise in the decisions we are making. As of right now (mostly due to my level-headed husband) we are planning on hanging tight until we have more information. The above verse keeps playing through my mind and it has held so true in my life. While I don't always feel like I know what God's will is, I do. I know it is God's will for me to pray with thanksgiving and trust that the peace of God will guard my heart. Will you pray with us?