Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Molly Update

A lot has happened in the Vietnam adoption world in the last 24 hours. Apparently, the US Embassy in Vietnam has decided that the form called an I600 (which had previously been filed in Vietnam) must now be filed in the US before travel. This means that all of the families who are currently ready to travel have to cancel their trip until they file this form. Please pray for these families. I cannot even begin to imagine the feeling of having my things packed and ready to pick up my child to be put on hold. In the long run this is a good change, but for the families currently ready to travel I'm sure it has been hard to hear.

So what does all of this means for us and for Molly? It could increase our wait for referral and travel, but probably not by much. The good news for the families in our stage of the game is that the form will come with our referral information and we can file it while we wait for travel. God is so good to us and has given me such a peace about the whole situation. I know that He has a plan for us and a plan for Molly and a plan for when he will unite us. Until then, I know that a lot of people are praying for her and she's in good hands--God's. :-)

The progress on Molly's room has been much slower since I've gone back to work, but is coming along. We still need a few more things, but they will come I'm sure. Here are some pictures of where we are so far (although they look a little yellow in the pictures, the walls are actually green):